To find a UI development position where I can combine my extensive programming background with my 7+ years of experience as a UX Designer to develop delightful web experiences for clients.
- HTML 5
- CSS 3 / Sass
Web Developer, 6/2004 – 8/2007
- Led development on new and existing sites, including a CMS for a network of 40 sites, using PHP and SQL
- Wrote documentation for developers and management
Development and Design Intern, 5/2008 – 8/2008
Harvard University Initiative for Innovative Computing
- Designed and developed interactive taxonomy viewer with Adobe Flex, resulting in an open-source library and a publication
- Created wireframes for scientific websites and helped administer usability tests
HS2 Solutions, 10/2013 – 10/2016
- Designed wireframes, prototypes, diagrams, and use cases for web, mobile, and responsive projects, including a tool to find auto parts by vehicle and numerous Drupal-based websites.
- Led review meetings with internal design and development teams, as well as clients such as Zipcar and Domino’s
UChicago Impact, 3/2013 – 10/2013
- Designed wireframes, prototypes, and concept diagrams for product updates for educational assessment visualizations.
Sears Holdings Corporation, 9/2009 – 2/2013
- Led UX design decisions for search results page for Fortune 500 retailer.
- Designed wireframes and documentation for new site features, including an autosuggest feature that improved conversion and resulted in a patent application.
- Collaborated with stakeholders to develop vision for site.
Additional Development Experience
Petal et. al (Game development meetup), 2014 – present
- Collaborated with designers and artists to ensure that their vision was executed.
Designer and Developer
Divisionizer (Personal Project), 2011, 2016
- Currently being rewritten using HTML 5, CSS 3, Sass, React, and Grunt.
Master of Science, Information (Human-Computer Interaction)
University of Michigan, 8/2007 – 5/2009
- Board Member, Student Organization for Computer-Human Interaction
- Semifinalist, CHI 2009 Student Design Competition
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 8/2000 – 5/2004
- GPA: 3.93